Use Of Lasers In Shaft Alignment
Proper shaft alignmentin engines and propeller systems, is essential in order to allow power to be transferred without vibration. Any vibration in a shaft will immediately reduce engine efficiency, and if allowed to continue, will eventually cause engine damage and probable engine failure. Due to the long lengths of shafts used in applications such as shipbuilding, the manual measurement of these shafts is difficult to accurately perform.
Use of laser alignment systems allows for highly accurate measurements to be performed over distances of up to 300 feet. As well as being more accurate and cost-effective than manual systems (with a resolution of up to 0.001”), laser alignment can also be performed much more quickly, boosting manufacturing efficiency.
You can find out more about which one of On-Trak Photonic's laser alignment systems is right for your application by contacting us or checking out the resources on our website.
Check out our homepage at: http://www.on-trak.com
- Use And Application Of A Laser Tracker
- Use Of A Laser To Measure Flatness
- Use Of A Laser To Measure Squareness
- Use Of Lasers In Bore Alignment
- Use Of Lasers In Roller Alignment
- Use Of Lasers In Spindle Alignment
- Use Of Lasers In Steam Turbine Alignment
- Use Of Lasers In Tail Boom Alignment
- Use Of Lasers In Wing Alignment
- Using Laser Alignment For Extruder Alignment