The Use Of Laser Alignment Measuring in Industry
Laser alignment provides a rapid and extremely accurate method of precision measuring and aligning for industrial applications, allowing non-contact measurement of position, distance, motion and vibration over long distances. Laser alignment has solved some of the most difficult manufacturing problems in the aviation, shipbuilding and automotive industries, where precise measurements and positioning are often mission-critical and are needed across long spans and distances.
As manufacturing in these industries requires tight tolerances over long distances; laser alignment is used for positioning and measuring, as it can detect deviations from a reference line over distances up to 300 feet with a resolution of up to 0.0001”.
Prior to the advent of laser alignment technology, measurements like these required use of a hand-strung wire, repeatedly placed at specific points along the entire length of what was being measured. Using laser alignment completely eliminates this time-consuming and somewhat inefficient process and has dramatically improved manufacturing efficiency and profitability.
- The Rotating Laser
- The Use Of Germanium
- The Use Of Lasers For Escalator Alignment
- The Use Of Lasers To Measure Straightness
- The Use Of Silicon In Position Sensing Detectors
- The Use Of Silicon Photodiodes In Position Detection
- Use And Application Of A Laser Tracker
- Use Of A Laser To Measure Flatness
- Use Of A Laser To Measure Squareness
- Use Of Lasers In Bore Alignment