The Use Of Lasers To Measure Straightness
Straightness is a term used when measuring the uniformity of a vertical surface. Laser alignment can be used to quickly, easily and accurately measure the straightness of any vertical surface.
In contrast to measurement of straightness using a traditional plumb bob, laser measurement is unaffected by vibrations, air currents and other environmental disturbances. Another benefit of laser measurement is that it remains accurate over long distances and is much simpler and quicker to use to measure large vertical expanses.
Laser alignment measures straightness by either the plane or line method, depending on the type of laser used. In either case, the laser forms a highly accurate plumb line. Position sensors detect the laser beam's location and give readouts to determine precisely how far each position sensor is from the laser beam, and therefore the straightness of the surface.
- Commercial Usage of Position Sensing Detectors
- Function Of A Laser Target
- Industrial Application & Usage of a PSD
- Laser Alignment In Fuselage Assembly
- Line Lasers
- On Track Photonics - Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?
- On Trak Photonics : Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?
- On-Track Photonics - Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?
- On-Trak Photonics Inc.