Laser Alignment In Fuselage Assembly
Precise alignment of aircraft fuselage components is essential to both flight safety and aircraft longevity, yet highly accurate alignment has long been difficult due to the lengths of the parts involved and the very narrow tolerances required.
Laser alignment is ideal for alignment during fuselage assembly because it is highly accurate over long distances. Indeed, a laser alignment device can measure X, Y deviations from a reference line with a resolution of up to 0.0001” over distances of up to 300 feet.
Laser alignment is also much simpler and quicker than traditional alignment methods, which required far more time and personnel. On-Trak's laser alignment tools have been used for fuselage alignment at Boeing for many years, in addition to their use for wing assembly, hinge alignment and seat track alignment, among other applications.
- Commercial Usage of Position Sensing Detectors
- Function Of A Laser Target
- Industrial Application & Usage of a PSD
- Line Lasers
- On Track Photonics - Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?
- On Trak Photonics : Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?
- On-Track Photonics - Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?
- On-Trak Photonics Inc.
- Ontrack Photonics - Did You Mean On-Trak Photonics?